Saturday, September 9

i'm a mewe

Swedish researchers have published a book about the MeWe Generation - young people born in 1980s. These young people are moving in different groups of friends, have grown up neck and neck with information technology, and they only want everything.
MeWe’s are interpersonal individualists. They are optimists in terms of their own future. They believe that they are capable of achieving what they strive for. To consume or not to consume is not the question for the MeWe Generation. Consumption for them is both an experience and a means of transformation. The MeWes is a generation packed with inner contradictions and paradoxes.

----------
Although
the research is conducted among youngsters born in the middle 80s I feel quite much resemblance with MeWes. Constant seek for pleasures, travelling around, self-education, interesting jobs, combining friends and family and private life, consumption - that's what I have been doing during my conscious life.
Now I'll try to get the book from somewhere ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home